Drawing from his decades of institutional investment banking experience, digital expertise, hundreds of e-commerce deals and over a trillion dollars’ worth in combined deal experience, Chris Shipferling, Managing Director at Global Wired Advisers talks about their services and experiences in selling e-businesses.
HOW TO SELL YOUR BUSINESS FOR 10x – WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Merger and Acquisition Advisor vs Business Brokers
- Process of M&A Advisors
- Seller Qualifications
- Identifying Buyers’ Fit
- What Kills Deals
- Their company presents to the buyers not only the story of the company they are selling but more importantly its vision. They buyers need to know why the company is going where it is going and why they should invest in it.
- Buyers purchase based on growth potential and not on past performance.
- While the mostly cater to $1 million up companies, they could also look into selling $800,000 earning companies if they believe that it could be tucked in with another deal.
- Sellers’ emotions would often come into play when sale is about to be met. It is their job to guide the seller through the process.
- There are many kinds of buyers in the market. Some would pay in cash, others through pulled investment funds, while others through loans. The important thing is the fit of the company with the buyer.
- Be a strategic owner. Know what you are, who you are to become and how you see the business in the long-term.
CONTACT CHRIS SHIPFERLING
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to the Ecom Exits Podcast with Nate Ginsburg? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review!
Your feedback will not only help us improve the show, but it will help us connect with more high flyers like you.