Mike Jackness, founder of Terran, an e-commerce conglomerate, and EcomCrew podcast, talks about his experience in selling his e-commerce business; the impetus, the preparation and eventual transfer of ownership.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Background on Terran
- Why Sell?
- Choosing the e-business to sell
- Challenges to a co-mingled business
- Types of Advertising in E-Commerce
- Future plans and Impact of Covid-19
- The need to move on, to relieve the stress caused by running a business is a sure sign that it is time to sell.
- If one owns several e-businesses, it is best to sell the product that fulfills the selling objective. It could mean selling the best performing brand in order to ensure successful sale.
- Having clear financial documentation would help in the untangling co-mingled funds in the business.
- The virus crisis may provide an opportunity to check out good brands of e-businesses you can buy and scale profitability.
CONTACT MIKE JACKNESS
If you want to learn more about Amazon hacks and tactics, make sure to head on over to the Ecom Crew website.
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to the Ecom Exits Podcast with Nate Ginsburg? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review!
Your feedback will not only help us improve the show, but it will help us connect with more high flyers like you.